INFORMATION AND KEY DATES
The TDPA encourages architects to reinvigorate the intersection of art and architecture through contemporary tapestry. Architects are invited to create a tapestry design for a hypothetical site. The TDPA 2018 is a partnership between the Australian Tapestry Workshop, the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Architecture Media and the Tapestry Foundation of Australia.
1st Prize of $5,000,
2nd Prize of $2,500
3rd Prize of $1,500
People’s Choice Prize of $1,000
20 March 2018 7pm
15 June 2018 5pm
Finalists announced: July 2018
Exhibition opening & winners announced 16 August 2018, 6pm at the Australian Tapestry Workshop.
Exhibition closes: 26 October 2018
THE WINNING DESIGN WILL BE SELECTED THROUGH BLIND JUDGING BY A PANEL ON THE BASIS OF:
1. Artistic merit.
2. Ability to engage to a high degree with the unique qualities of tapestry.
3. Ability to design a major artwork that responds to a contemporary architectural space.
4. Capacity to celebrate tapestry in architecture, through understanding of materials form, design and collaborative interpretation.
Details of the 2018 judging panel can be found here.
Each entry must be from an architect, multidisciplinary design group (featuring at least one architect) or student in the field of architecture. Entrants must be over the age of 18. Employees and relatives of the Organisers or Judges are ineligible to enter.
HOW TO APPLY:
2. Complete the online application form
3. Submit the supporting documentation in digital and/or hardcopy format as outlined in the information pack.